Wednesday, June 16, 2010

She is the Entertainer

Yesterday when I came home from work, Scott was showing me how great Molly’s getting at standing up.

He holds her around the waist and only supports her so that she doesn’t fall forward or back. She holds up her own weight all by herself with her pudgy, little legs. It’s been almost four months since they held her up to show her to me before whisking her away to be cleaned (and the meconium that was in the amniotic fluid cleared out of her mouth so that she didn’t breathe it into her lungs.) Time goes by so quickly – and at the same time, I feel like that morning was ages ago.

We’ve hit some exciting milestones in the past four months:

*Feb 25th – Molly’s first time outside, first car ride, and first time home. She slept through the whole thing.


*March 3rd – My first birthday as a Mom, and Molly’s first excursion into the world to visit my coworkers at the office. (Lots of attention! And lots of Purel, of course.)

*April 10th – At six weeks old, much to our surprise, our little goober rolls from her tummy to her back three times in a row (one of which we thankfully caught on tape – thanks to Daddy and Grammy’s quick thinking). She doesn’t do it again for two months.

*May 21st – Molly’s first laugh. We’ve had huge, excited smiles since she was about a month old, but we finally got to hear a happy little giggle.

I feel like I could just watch her all day. I would, in fact, if I didn’t have to work full time. She makes the funniest faces, and she loves to talk. You can already tell that she does it to get smiles out of us. If we don’t look at her right away when she starts babbling, she gets louder or changes the pitch until we look. Then when we smile at her and tell her “good job!” she smiles so big that her eyes close.

She loves to entertain. She’s certainly her Daddy’s girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment