Sunday, June 13, 2010

What's In a Name?

On February 21st, my husband and I became parents. Ecstatic, teary, blubbering mush-balls of joy. My first thought when I saw her face was "she is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." Here she is at less than an hour old, in the recovery room with her Daddy.


I still think that same thing when I see her in the morning. Or when I get home from work. Or when I go into the kitchen to pour a glass of juice, and as I walk back to the living room I see her teeny little face peeking at me from over her Daddy's shoulder. She's changed our lives forever, and we're deliriously happy.

We named her Molly. We wanted to use a name from Harry Potter, because our friendship (pre-dating) began when the sixth book was released, and neither of us knew anyone else who had finished it. Having just met, we might not have become such great friends if it wasn't for J.K. Rowling's sheer genius. As it turns out, Molly is the perfect name for our little girl.

She has a whole lot of nicknames, too. The best is "Mollywobbles", which is also from Harry Potter. Since she's just now learning to stand with our help, the nickname is perfect. Her wobbles are AH-dorable.

And since parenting is by no means an easy journey, regardless of the cuteness, this blog is aptly named. Our ups and downs (colic and teething, namely) are only wobbles. Molly Wobbles! Har har.

No comments:

Post a Comment